Saturday, November 3, 2007

A Quick Note

CrochetandKnitting Newsletter - A Quick Note
Saturday, November 3, 2007

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know that
CrochetingandKnitting.com has been down all
day.

I found out this morning that the server move, which
I thought happened last weekend... did not.

This morning when my site was down for hours, I checked
my webhost's site and the server move is happening this
weekend. They never even let me know that they had
cancelled last weekend and changed it to this weekend!

I checked my webhost's site and they have a notice that
the move is happening now and it is taking longer than they
had planned and should be over by 6 PM EST, but it is long
past that time now.

On top of that, they are moving the server to Maine and I
am just above there. Hurricane Noel was hitting the New England
states and has moved up into my area. So they may be running
into problems because of that.

It is very windy with heavy rain here right now and it is
forecaster to get worse overnight. I just hope the weather does
not get any worse and everyone is safe, and my webhosting
company can safely complete their work on moving the server.

The new forum is also down right now as it's on the same
server as my website.
http://crochetandknitting.com/cgi-bin/iB_cgi/ikonboard.cgi
But the old forum is still up as it's on the bravenet server.
http://pub44.bravenet.com/forum/3703436600


Sincerely,

Sue Norrad
CrochetandKnitting.com - Free Patterns, Craft Discussions
and Pattern Search Board, Craft Supplies and much more.

No comments: